I’m so excited about the announcement of the Akai Rhythm Wolf Analog drum and bass synthesizer. The Rhythm Wolf is something to keep on the radar. Read more below.
Cumberland, RI, USA– March 11, 2014. Akai Pro (akaipro.com), a leading pioneer of music devices for production and performance, reveals the Rhythm Wolf, an analog drum equipment and bass synthesizer component with integrated sequencing.
The Rhythm Wolf is an authentic analog tool that incorporates the desirable audios of early hip-hop and electronic songs with real Akai Pro operations. Motivated by the classic analog beat machines and synthesizers of the past, Rhythm Wolf allows today’s artists to harness famous analog sounds for songs production and performance. The drum machine includes five highly-tweakable drum tones and includes a kick, snare, open & hi-hat and percussion. Onboard the Rhythm Wolf permits customers to customize the adjustable amplitude envelopes, and quantity of each drum voice separately for precise real-time adjustment. The bass synthesizer features a selectable oscillator (sawtooth or square), timeless filter style, a filter envelope with variable degeneration, and can produce effective bass tones and squelchy leads.
Rhythm Wolf is furnished with 6 real MPC pads and an integrated 32-step sequencer. The Rhythm Wolf offers an ultra-responsive user interface with a traditional drum device format. Drum designs can be fine-tuned using the Swing function, Pattern Select, and Beat Control knob. A custom-made distortion signal path, triggered by the “Howl” knob, adds grit and personality for extra tone shaping. Rhythm Wolf features USB-MIDI, MIDI In/Out, an entrance trigger, and incorporates effortlessly with vintage and modern equipment. 2 audio results enable beat-makers and performers to mix percussion tones and bass individually.
- 5-voice analog drum machine and synth—authentic analog design that references classic rhythm machines and synthesizers
- Legendary analog drum sounds—kick, snare, open & closed hi-hat, and metallic
- Synth-bass module—selectable square or sawtooth wave with classic filter
design for warm, deep basses and squelchy leads.
- Onboard 32-step sequencer—classic drum machine workflow for quickly laying down
grooves and melodies
- Six genuine MPC pads—responsive controls for sequencing and finger drumming
- Howl knob—custom distortion circuit for additional sound design
- USB-MIDI and MIDI In/Out—flexible MIDI connectivity for easy integration into modern
- Gate Trigger—triggering via modular synths, vintage sequencers, or external sound
- Independent audio outputs—dedicated outputs for the drum machine and synth-bass
module for precise mixing
Price $199.99 USD
Rhythm Wolf hits the streets summer 2014..