M-Audio showed off a lot of gear at NAMM 2014. This time around M-Audio announced a new pair of Monitors called M3-6 and Headphones called HDH50. if you looking for new monitors or new cans give these two a look. Read more below.
M-Audio industry-leading maker of prize-winning computer interface and studio integration options, introduces the addition of the M3-6 to its amazing 3-way studio speaker series, and the intro of its studio-grade HDH50 earphones. The M3-6 joins the larger M3-8 3-way 8-inch speakers presented in Autumn 2013. New for 2014, the HDH50 earphones incorporate crucial sound recreation with incredible audio seclusion for studio tracking and recording.
The M3-6 is a good quality 3-way speaker for small spaced computer work areas. The woven Kevlar 6-inch low-frequency driver and 5-inch midrange driver are positioned coaxially, taking up a smaller area than a standard 2-way monitor. The 1-inch organic silk dome tweeter is geared up with internal waveguides for enhanced sound quality. Inside, 3 different Class A/B amplifiers to provide an integrated 160 Watts of energy.
Constructed for the roughness of recording studio use, the light weight aluminum and steel enhanced HDH50 headsets fuse unrivaled build-quality with trustworthy, high-defintion detail. Offering both convenience and extreme audio isolation, the around-the-ear, closed-back design avoids signal bleed with microphones during marathon recording sessions.
M3-6 Monitor Specs
- Superior audio detail from three individually amplified drivers
- Inline mid & high drivers deliver world-class acoustics in a compact size
- Resilient woven Kevlar drivers (6′′ low / 5′′ mid); 1” silk dome tweeter
- Tri-amp Class A/B power, 160 Watts total
- XLR and 1/4” balanced ins; RCA unbalanced in
- 3-band EQ with bypass instantly adapts to any mixing environment
HDH50 Headphone Specs
- Studio-grade quality, tuning, and frequency response
- High definition 50mm neodymium drivers provide revealing audio detail
- Robust gunmetal aluminum and steel construction
- Around-the-ear, closed-back design prevents sound from leaking in or out
M3-6 monitors are sold individually, with a street price of $249.99 USD a piece. HDH50 headphones are available with a street price of $199.99 USD.
Find out more here.