Arturia waited to announce Keylab 49 at Musikmesse 2013. It seems that everybody are making controllers and Arturia is the king of controllers at the moment. Here is what they have to say.
THE ULTIMATE HYBRID SYNTHESIZER
Keylab 49 is our professional-grade MIDI keyboard, combined with the powerful Analog Lab software. With its 49 keys, knobs, sliders and pads, it gives you the fullest control over the 5000 analog synth presets available in the software. Keylab 49 also acts independently as an universal MIDI keyboard, perfect for studio and live use.
- Includes Analog Lab with 5000 synth sounds
- All presets are carefully selected from the Arturia Classic Synths (mini V, Modular V, CS-80V, ARP 2600 V, Prophet V, Prophet VS, SEM V and Jupiter-8V) and from Wurlitzer V, our recreation of the classic 200A electric piano. These TAE® powered sounds offer unparalleled audio quality.
- Fast filter the presets to your requirements: by Instrument, by Type (Bass, Pads, Leads…), by Characteristics (long, bright, dark …).
- In-depth Preset Editing available for the owners of the Arturia Classic Synthesizers (Mini V, CS-80 V, etc.). Edit your sounds on the original instruments within Analog Lab.
- More than 200 Multi patches organized by musical genres, each made of two different synth patches with effects, layers and splits …
- Straightforward editing, with a complete array of parameters for tweaking sounds, directly assigned to the controls of the Keylab 49
Hardware Specifications :
- Keyboard : 49 semi weighted keys with velocity and aftertouch
- Controllers : 2 clickable encoders, 11 encoders, 9 sliders, 13 switches, 6 transport switches, 1 modulation wheel, 1 pitch bend wheel, 16 touch and pressure-sensitive pads
- Connectors : MIDI in & out, USB, Sustain pedal, Expression pedal, Aux footswitch, Breath controller inputs
- Ultra thin 49 keys with full action effect and velocity sensitivity
- High quality aluminum and wooden construction
32 digits LCD screen
- Functions as an universal MIDI controller